As my daughter’s wedding gets closer and closer, I think it’s time to make a list of things to do! Making a list helps us organize our time and as each completed item is crossed off, one is left with a feeling of GREAT accomplishment.
So today was a very good day as far as gaining momentum with projects on my list.
1. Complete lining- check!
2. Cut and sew garter- check!
3. Round out edge of veiling- check!
4. Cut silk for ring bearer pillow – check!
5. Begin embroidery on ring bearer pillow – check!
6. Attach lace edge to skirt – waiting for fitting first!
7. Finalize top of dress – waiting for bride-to-be
8. Hand hemming – tbd
Garter sewn. Need elastic measurement from bride-to-be.
I started with two bias cut strips of silk approximately 23″ x 1 1/2″. Both sides were stitched with my serger machine and I straight stitched the lace on top, tucking in the edges for a finished look. Hand stitching will close the opening when the elastic length is finalized. A vintage embellishment will complete the garter!